What is Quality Content?
One of the primary requisites of a good and thriving website or webpage is that it should have Quality content that is original and relevant. The material posted on the website should capture the attention and interest of the target audience. It should provide relevant information about the subject and the details provided should be specific and factual.
What is the relevance of Quality Content?
A website or social media platform is a means used to communicate with the audience. When we communicate with someone, we are trying to establish a connection with them. And trust is an essential factor in these communication stakes. If we cannot provide quality content on our online platforms, we will fail miserably in generating audience interest in our activities or products.
The audience expects consistency and outstanding quality in their interactions. If we are unable to guarantee this through our content, they will stop following our pages and migrate over to other competitors who can provide this for them. This will lead to missed opportunities as we will miss out on the prospect to both generate leads and achieve conversions.
The biggest advantage of being able to provide Quality content is that it will entice people towards us and make them notice and appreciate our efforts. Good content will generate interest and cause them to respond. It will heighten the level of interest in our activities and if we are able to provide valuable know-how, there are more chances of the information being liked, shared or forwarded to others.
Characteristics of Quality Content:
A website or webpage is part and parcel of a Digital marketing strategy, which in turn is part of a larger Marketing strategy. The digital marketing strategy would help us in deciding the type of material we should be designing and publishing through our forums. Ideally, the content we put out should have the following characteristics:
- Clearly communicate intent – The content that we post should indicate what is it that we do and how we go about doing it.
- Establish our brand – Our content must help in establishing an identity for our brand and keep reinforcing our identity, through our online activities.
- Distinguish us from the competition – The target audience should understand what is it that makes us different from the others in the same universe.
- Originality – The content that we publish should be original rather than a rip off from some other source. Original content will increase the rating of our website and webpage rather than copied content.
- Value to audience – There is an overload of information available online and as such there is tough competition when it comes to capturing the audience’s attention. To hook in the interest of the target audience and keep them glued to our content, the post that we put up should be of intrinsic value to them.
- Truthful – Whatever we post online is a reflection of what we are and what we intend to portray. The audience should be convinced our integrity if they are to engage with us and this is possible only if we are truthful in what we post.
- Interesting – The content should be packaged in an interesting and attractive manner. The packaging matters big time as this is what creates that most important first impression in the mind of the audience.
- Purposeful – They say that it is best to begin with the end in mind. When we set a chain of events in motion, we are hoping that it ends the way we want it to. There is a strategy at play here and preparing Quality content is part of that strategy. Whether we are strategizing to increase traffic on the website, generate more leads or achieve more conversions – the content that we publish should help us in achieving that target. Otherwise we would have failed in the objectives that we have set for ourselves.
We live in the Digital age and are in the midst of an internet revolution. The world outside is condensing to within the confines of a screen inside our homes. In this age, digital media and the content we post has much relevance.
The exposure we get increases with the increase in the frequency of our posts. The content we issue is a reflection of what we stand for and it has the potential to influence a large audience. It is an integral part of our branding and it can be the voice that amplifies our reach in the digital world. Do not shortchange yourself or your product by under estimating the value of Quality Content.